Saturday, July 12, 2008

Jason's Journal


So far the experience has been great. We have helped out with miscellaneous projects such as cleaning, painting, picking up donations in the States and other day to day errands for the orphanage. Most of all, we have been spending a lot of time with the kids here at Door of Faith.





My favorite part of this trip was the day when we went up with some of the missionaries to Tijuana to pass out food to the people who live at the dump. There is literally a neighborhood built on top of a retired dump. What’s crazy is, the dump was just retired 7 months ago, before then people were living on active trash dump! The ministry that goes on in the slums of Tijuana is very unique. Every day for lunch, breakfast and dinner, the Christian church that is located at the dump is open to feed the children! What a feeling it is to be the hand that helps prepare food to a hungry kid who without the daily food distribution would probably go hungry. Fifty to eighty people came to eat, majority of them being kids.


This verse was constantly in my mind. “For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited me in; naked and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me” (Matt 25:35-36).

I have first hand seen the work of God here in Mexico. I have seen the effect of what happens when people dive into Christ: the hungry are fed, the homeless find homes, and the orphans find refuge. When you dive into Christ you find life. It’s because of Jesus the people at the dump are fed. It is because of Jesus that 115 Orphans in La Misión, Mexico have a safe place to live. It is because of Jesus that people have sold there homes in America and left a comfortable life to serve the people here in La Misión. I have learned that giving is more rewarding than receiving. I have learned that every day is a gift from God and to be thankful for the provision we have.



“For this reason I say to you, do no be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing... But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matt 6:25, 33-34)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks